Saturday, May 1, 2010

Milestones in the past 3 months....

The past 3 months have been good (hope I don't jinx it again!) . Therapists play such an important role in our children's lives. So, switching therapist is one of the most difficult decisions.But, ever since we relocated in June last year, we had to travel quite a distance everyday for Vignesh's therapy. So, we had to make the switch. In Feb we got a new home-therapist for PT and in March we had home-therapist for OT.

However, after I switched therapists I had my own doubts and guilt. I was worried if I was placing my convenience before my child's future. I was even contemplating going back to the previous ones, a lot of times. But, within a month, both the therapists did a wonderful job and have made Vignesh achieve milestones which I had been so worried about until then.

And, two weeks back I received a call from his OT that she would not be able to continue home-therapy due to her health condition. She has been advised against traveling by her doctor. After her phone call, I broke into tears. I have become to trust her so much. Thankfully, she is now continuing therapy for Vignesh at her place and I don't mind traveling there everyday.

Thanks to my little hero's hardwork and his therapists' efforts. Here are a few things that my son has learnt in the past few months: (BTW, he has become so camera-conscious that I find it difficult to take photos/videos once he sees the camera.)

Pulling up to stand





Walking around the house on his own (with support)


Crawling (although he prefers scooting)


First step towards self-feeding


Enacting 'Listen to the music and clap your hands' ( it took me sometime to understand why he was catching his ears after clapping his hands)










More about Vignesh playing games soon.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go!!! There has been so much growth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Vignesh!
    I love your pull-up-to-stand, and soon I bet you'll be chasing Mommy around the house in no time.
    He is breathtaking Sumithra, and getting more grown-up...kind of makes me sad how fast time is moving.

    Keep it up Vignesh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WTG
    He is adorable and what an achiever
    DOnt feel bad at all about facing convenience
    Besides the simply fact that the most valuable resource we- special needs mums - have is energy
    I really think kid being dragged in a car for two hours to get to therapy is time that they oculd have spend doing something else

    ReplyDelete