Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Mission - July 15

I have never been slim in my life. Until my mid-teens, I never realized that - probably because no one pointed it out to me. So, I was my happy self and never gave it a thought. But since the time I realized that I was slightly over weight, I have made numerous 'failed' attempts to reduce my weight. Ironically, that was when I started to gain weight to become what I'm today!

Over the years, I have tried all possible weight loss techniques - dieting, exercise, gym, yoga, swimming, walking,.... the list would go on and on. But, I'm too lazy to practice any of this beyond a couple of months.

My weight is now on a all time high. For a few months now, I've started to avoid looking at the mirror as much as possible. I have also been avoiding to have my photo taken. But, things have to change. I'm now on a mission.

My mission - to lose as much weight as possible by the 15th July. I don't aspire to become slim. I just want to become presentable . Because, my son would turn one year on the 15th of July this year and I want to take a lot of pictures with him that I could relish for years.

Since last week, I've started on aerobics, walking and dieting. So, in a couple of months, I would hopefully be able to flaunt photos that I have taken with my son instead of having them hidden in my camera in the fear of criticism.

2 comments:

  1. You are beautiful no matter what! I will be your personal cheering section helping you along the way.

    I need to do that too Sumithra.

    Hugs across the world,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lisa. And, your cheering would really be helpful. Thanks again for your encouragement.

    lots of love,
    Sumithra

    ReplyDelete