Thursday, December 3, 2009

Health Update

I had written the following update day-before night but couldn't post it. So, posting it now for continuity:

Vignesh's reports have started coming in. Blood culture report shows gram negative bacterial growth. However, we would get the complete report only tomorrow. In the meantime, the new antibiotic and cough medicines seem to be effective. In the past two days, Vignesh has had temperature spikes just twice last night. Coughing has also reduced considerably. But, his breathing is still fast and his statuaration dips to as low as 73 - 71 without Oxygen support. Also, he is sleeping most of the day and stays awake and active for just about 3-4 hours a day. Still not clear when he would be completely cured.


In the meantime, I thought I could post this video that I taped last week. Can't believe how things have changed in a week. I miss seeing him smile and play, keeping me busy all day. Just waiting for him to recover and get back home soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment